1. Successfully defeated multi-million dollar fee claim made by Wisconsin law firm against a major Big Ten university in Federal District Court arising out of flat screen TV patent litigation.
2. Obtained 8-figure settlement from prominent Wisconsin law firm in connection with its failure to prosecute multiple patents on software that illustrated weather patterns.
3. Successfully prosecuted major Wisconsin law firm who failed to defend a tech company against patent infringement, resulting in a substantial settlement that lifted the tech company out of bankruptcy.
4. Provided expert testimony in support of the successful defense of a law firm and lawyer who were accused of improperly entering into business transactions with a client.
5. Represented a Japanese pharmaceutical manufacturer which, on the advice of prominent Alexandria, Virginia IP firm, initiated litigation in the ITC to prevent the importation of patent infringing German antibiotics. Ultimately, the ITC entered a multi-million dollar sanction against the manufacturer. Contending the sanction was caused by the law firm’s conduct, the manufacturer recovered near policy limits from the law firm.
6. Received the largest legal malpractice verdict in Cook County history where a law firm, who had been retained to represent a partnership developing golf themed restaurants, ousted the partner who developed the concept in favor of the partner providing the funding, the law firm itself taking an interest in the venture.
7. Successfully settled legal malpractice case against law firm who failed to raise a meritorious defense on behalf of its client, a real estate developer. After a week long bench trial where the judge found the defense would have been successful if properly marshaled, law firm agreed to favorable settlement.
8. Received multi-million dollar settlement for client whose two former law firms negligently drafted loan documents that exposed client to a multi-million dollar personal guarantee in a failed real estate transaction.
9. Received substantial settlement for Dutch corporation doing business in Chicago, where their accountants’ negligence exposed the clients to excess tax liability.
10. Represented Hall of Fame basketball player in multiple lawsuits resulting in multiple seven-figure recoveries against law firms and investment advisors for misuse of funds.
11. Obtained substantial settlement from two law firms who failed to pay maintenance fees for their client, a web guide manufacturer, resulting in the manufacturer’s irrevocable loss of a core patent.
12. Provided expert testimony on behalf of a sophisticated Illinois commercial/business law firm in connection with accusations of conflict of interest. The law firm was successful in the arbitration proceeding resulting from the allegations.
13. Obtained favorable settlement from law firm who, in representing a surgery center in medical malpractice litigation, preferred the interests of the insurance carrier over the interests of the surgery center, failed to advise the client to retain personal counsel, and recommended taking case to trial rather than settling within policy limits, ultimately exposing client to multi-million dollar verdict outside of insurance coverage.
14. Successfully represented a financial consulting firm in a fee dispute with its former client before the American Arbitration Association, obtaining a six figure award which included the total amount of outstanding consulting fees, attorney fees, costs and interest.
15. Obtained favorable recovery for a family in mediation from a reputable law firm who failed to comply with two procedural rules while representing the family in a probate dispute, causing them to accept a deeply discounted settlement.